- About Us
- Win Work
- Job Board
- Issues and Advocacy
On June 2nd, long time ABC member and current board member Don Sloan (Chris Woods Construction Company) had a tragedy happen in his family. Don's two-year-old grandson, Charlie, was found face down in a pool by his eight-year-old brother, Cohen. Cohen heroically pulled his younger brother from the pool and then ran for help. When pulled from the water, Charlie had no heartbeat and was not breathing. Miraculously, Charlie was resuscitated and medical personnel were able to stabilize him. Charlie's heart is beating on his own now, he is reacting to touch and to his family's voices. He is breathing on his own now and is receiving physical therapy everyday. He is keeping his eyes open for long amounts of time, and he is getting stronger.
Charlie's family needs your support during this time, as the medical expenses are mounting to save his life. If possible, please make a small donation to help Charlie receive the best care. If a donation is not possible, the family asks that you offer a prayer instead. Any funds raised that are not used will be donated back to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital.
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with 74 chapters representing 22,000 merit shop construction and construction-related firms. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
- ABC is the construction industry's voice with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government and with state and local governments, as well as with the news media.
- ABC's mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
- Through its national office and chapters, ABC's objective is to provide its members with an organization to deal with issues on an industry-wide basis.
- ABC's activities include government representation, legal advocacy, education, workforce development, communications, technology, recognition through national and chapter awards programs, employee benefits, information on best practices and business development through an online contractor search directory.
ABC was founded in 1950 when seven contractors gathered in Baltimore, Md. to create an association based on the shared belief that construction projects should be awarded on merit to the most qualified and responsible low bidders. Their courage and dedication to the merit shop philosophy spread rapidly, and within time, ABC became the fastest-growing association in the United States. Today, ABC is recognized as one of the leading organizations representing America's business community and the merit shop construction industry.
- Private Equity Goes All In For Construction-Sector Growth
- Water Leaders Converge in New Orleans at WEFTEC
- Rains Prevent King Fire From Damaging Power, Water Infrastructure
- New Construction Starts in December Jump 23 Percent; Annual Total for 2012 Advances 6 Percent to $463.6 Billion
- November Construction Slips 5 Percent